Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Sign up for the News Update.

breadcrumbs: Counselor


Ajax Loading Image


Skip image

Story image 1_0

Dual Credit - Central Methodist University

Green City R-1 School offers two courses through CMU – College Algebra and College Trigonometry. Student cannot audit these courses. You will be expected to pay for attendance in these classes!

Admission Requirements

Student Requirements for Admissions include:

  1. A cumulative Grade point average of at least 3.0 or equivalent on a 4.0 scale
  2. Parental Permission
  3. Score of over 22 on the math portion of the ACT for enrollment into College Algebra
  4. Satisfactory completion of course prerequisites (College Alg. is a prerequisite to College Trig.)
  5. Transcript accompanying enrollment form (see the counselor for an official copy)

Tuition   $80.00 per credit hour ($240.00 for a standard 3 credit hour class).

Frequently Asked Questions:

When do you need to enroll?  NOW!  Do not wait, CMU expects students to have accounts paid in full prior to attending class. Students will NOT be allowed to attend class unless full payment accompanies the enrollment. Checks need to be made out to: Central Methodist University.  Payment can be made with check, money order, MasterCard, Visa only. NO Cash!  Contact CMU for additional information.


What is an ITV class?  ITV (EPN) classes are a type of distance learning that allow students to "join" a class from their high school and connect to an instructor provided by CMU, and students in other schools. Appropriate technology equipment is required to offer ITV classes.


What is First Class? First Class at CMU provides the opportunity for qualified high school students to enroll in approved classes that are taught in their local high school in compliance with the Coordinating Board of Higher Education guidelines for dual credit programs. When students successfully complete a course, they receive both high school and college credit. The program allows student to get an early start in fulfilling college requirements.


How do I enroll? The student must submit an enrollment form with full tuition by the enrollment deadline. The courses offered are determined by the high school.


What if the class is too hard for me, or I don't enough time for it? It is very important that you complete an official withdraw form and send back to campus. You can do this through your high school counselor. If you drop before the eighth week of class you may be entitled to a partial refund. You will receive a "W" on your transcript from CMU.


How do I request a transcript? Your High School Counselor does NOT do this. All students must request a transcript using the online request form on CMU website. Complete the online request form. Once the online request form is complete and entered, it will be sent to CMU Registrar's Office electronically and automatically. Please make sure to check "send after grades" so that you will not have a transcript sent before the final grade. For further information about transcripts call the Registrar's Office at 660-248-6994.


Back To Top